Gestational Carrier Cycles are done via “In Vitro Fertilization” (IVF), where fertilized eggs from another woman are implanted into the carrier’s uterus. This is a very different option from traditional surrogacy, and we only offer “Gestational Carrier Cycles” at our Las Vegas fertility center.
Couples undergo in vitro fertilization to produce their own embryo that will be placed in the uterus of the gestational carrier, who will carry the baby until it is born. If a woman cannot produce healthy eggs, or in the case of a same sex male couple, couples can choose an egg donor whose eggs can be fertilized with the male partner’s sperm.
At Red Rock Fertility Center, we will guide you through the process of obtaining a gestational carrier. In order to browse through our selection of in house carriers, or if you are interested in becoming a gestational carrier, please call our office and schedule a time to review profiles or discuss options with our Nurse 702.262.0079.
Intended Parents’ Timetable:
- Intended parents should acquire an attorney to: review the Gestational Carriers insurance, draft the contract, administer escrow and obtain the court order allowing the intended/biological parents to be placed on the birth certificate of the child(ren) resulting from the IVF/Embryo Transfer.
- The gestational carrier will be required to obtain a psychological and medical evaluation which consists of a physical exam, STD screening and a sonohysterogram, by the clinic.
- The carrier may receive separate legal representation to protect her interests. Independent counsel is necessary to make sure all parties are comfortable with the arrangement.
- The contract is signed, the carrier’s fee is put into the escrow account and the medical process commences.
- The gestational carrier’s uterus development is synchronized with the development of the eggs, so that implantation will take place at the appropriate time. This process takes approximately 3 weeks.
- If pregnancy is achieved, a court order is obtained in the carrier’s resident state (this is possible in many states). It instructs the hospital to place the intended parents’ names on the birth certificate of any child born as a result of this arrangement.
- An attorney will guide the intended parents through the process of obtaining newborn insurance coverage for the baby’s hospital stay after birth.
To learn more about Gestational Carriers schedule a consultation by filling out the form to the right or call 702.262.0079